A Level Business is an invaluable subject for any prospective entrepreneurs or students wanting to work in the commercial sector, but it also has numerous practical and academic benefits. A Level Business is a dynamic subject that incorporates global developments, legal changes and technical innovations so will require you to develop your independent learning skills by keeping abreast of current affairs. You will also have the opportunity to engage with real case studies in order to develop your understanding and to apply the theory that you will learn.
A Level Business is highly desirable for many careers regardless of whether they are directly business-related. It will enhance your problem solving skills and has significant mathematical element, which will offer you an opportunity to combine analysis, interpretation and evaluation with logic and precision in order to address real-world issues from a business perspective.
You must have a B in Maths, and a B in English Language.
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business (A-Level only)
- Choosing strategic direction (A-Level only)
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A-Level only)
- Managing strategic change (A-Level only)
Extended Curricular Opportunities
Trips - in the past few years, students have been to the Vauxhall car plant and have also been to a Coca Cola factory
Content capture site (course overview including article and videos for each of the business topics).
“Be prepared for as many different scenarios in life as possible. Having an open mind is extremely important and the best business lessons learnt tend to exist outside our comfort zones. Put yourself in the situation of the people making decisions, by having all the information required to make the right choices”.
“Be open to every opportunity…”
“You are the CEOs of the future so just enjoy the path.”
“Start your learning from the 1st lesson, don’t wait till January or later or you might find yourself desperately trying to catch up”