Welcome Message from the Headmistress
Dear Parents, Girls and Visitors
Welcome to the website of Watford Grammar School for Girls. I hope that you will enjoy reading about all the exciting opportunities available to the pupils here, as well as about the excellent results and the many achievements of the girls here. The school motto is Sperate Parati ‘Go forward with preparation’. Girls here learn to prepare for all of life’s challenges and opportunities with diligence and a determination to aim high and do their best. Watford Grammar School for Girls is proud to have a strong academic tradition. We value hard work and scholarship and encourage girls to achieve excellence in all fields of study. The girls also excel at music, drama and sport, as well as playing an important role in the wider community, taking part in many charitable activities. Thus they learn to be their best selves: hard working, compassionate and high achieving in all areas of life.
We aim to ensure that each girl:
- Is encouraged to achieve academic excellence, fulfil her potential and participate actively in all areas of school life, aiming to reach the highest standards in all she does, within a framework of supportive pastoral care.
- Receives a balanced, broad, forward-looking education and is equipped with the ambition and skills necessary to determine her own future and a lifetime love of learning.
- Is respectful and caring towards others within the school and wider community, has an open, tolerant mind and the ability to make and understand moral judgements.
- Achieves a sense of confidence, resilience and personal responsibility.
- Learns to work as part of a team and develops leadership skills.
- Develops a growth mindset through the maxim ‘I can do it and I will do it!’
I am very proud of the excellent behaviour and work ethic of the girls here. Our ethos is based upon care, consideration, toleration and trust. We also aim to support the girls and to work with them to promote their personal development, leadership skills and well-being. Thus we prepare the girls for life beyond school with the academic, social and emotional skills they will need, whilst ensuring that they have fun and enjoy their time at school, building strong friendships and gaining the confidence they will require to excel.
Mrs. Clare Wagner