Pupil Premium Funding
Details of the amount of our strategy for using Pupil Premium funding, as well as information about the amounts received and numbers of students eligible, is in our Pupil Premium Strategy document.
Year 7 Catch Up Funding
The Year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up premium is allocated for each Year 7 pupil who did not achieve a standardised score of 100 in Mathematics, Reading or Grammar Punctuation and Spelling tests at the end of Key Stage 2.
Number of students eligible in 2018/19
Grammar, spelling and punctuation: 6
Amount of funding
Amount received by school
- 2016-17 = £2000
- 2017-18 = £2000
- 2018-19 = £2,295
How the funding is used
- After school tuition in English and Mathematics
- Participation in Reading and Spelling Club (weekly throughout academic year)
- Students attending reading and spelling clubs have increased their reading and spelling ages, with 75% of students seeing an increase greater than that in their chronological age.
- Students attending catch-up classes have, on average, sustained progress in line with their original pathways in English and Mathematics from the beginning of Y7.
- Continue with strategies in place for current Y7
- Continue to monitor students previously eligible for this funding as they progress through the school and provide appropriate support and intervention.