Welcome to the Watford Girls Parents’ Association
The PA raises money to provide resources, facilities and equipment to support the girls during their time at school. We are always keen to discuss new ideas, so do come to a PA meeting held in the History room of the main building on Monday evenings at 7.30pm (dates can be found here).
Funds are raised from a number of events, including a Year 7 Bingo night, an annual Christmas fair and Quiz night, and a social evening for the new Year 7 girls and parents in the summer term.
You can also help by signing up to any of the following:
- Join the Women of Vision Trust – print and complete the form here.
- Join the PA’s 100 club, and potentially win money on a monthly basis.
- Log onto https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/watfordgsgpa/ and earn money for the school every time you shop online at a wide variety of retailers, and at no cost to you.
- Ask your employer if they run a fund-matching scheme. Companies who encourage employees to participate in their local community will often pound match fundraising efforts through corporate sponsorship, and this makes a significant difference to our fundraising efforts.
In recent years, funds raised have helped the PA pay for the following:
- the refurbishment of the Maths Building
- the refurbishment of the Year 7 area, Lady’s Close
- lighting equipment for the Hall for school productions and music events
- the refurbishment of the Curve, next to Lady’s Close - an area used for recitals and hire
- a school minibus
- a new trampoline for PE lessons and after school clubs
- Furniture for the Sixth Form block, Tennet Centre
This would not have been possible without parents’ support, and with your help, we can do more. If you would like to get involved, come along to a meeting, or email email@example.com with any questions.
Chair - WGGS PA
Registered charity no: 272844