Fixed term contract – 1st September 2020* – 31st August 2021
Term time only plus 5 additional days to include Staff Training x 35 hours per week
Actual Salary Pro-rata £16,147pa
(H4/point 6 £19,171 plus WGGS fringe payment full-time £20,045)
Are you thinking of a career in teaching but would like to work in school, making a contribution to the lives of young people, before you commit to a training course?
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic graduates with a passion for making change happen.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- providing classroom supervision to whole classes in the absence of a teacher
- creating an orderly and purposeful environment in which pupils can complete work set by the classroom teacher
- invigilation of internal and external exams when required
- accompanying visits and field trips as required
- establishing supportive relationships with students
- providing one to one support in some lessons so that the students can access the curriculum.
- providing support to ensure pupils can take part safely in all activities;
- providing support and strategies for study skills;
- offering specific support in certain subjects.
We would be keen to support you as you develop and apply for a trainee role, subject to interview. We are able to offer excellent support and training and a highly regarded School Direct consortium in which to train in partnership with Hertfordshire University
To find out more please contact Jane Hart, Director of Teaching and Learning: email@example.com
*start date may be slightly negotiable if necessary