ONE YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT COVER SUPERVISOR/LSA ROLE
From September 1st 2021 to 31st August 2022
Term Time only plus five training days
35 hours per week
Actual Salary £16,590
Are you thinking of a career in teaching but would like to work in school making a contribution to the lives of young people before you commit to a training course?
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic graduates with a passion for making change happen.
The role will combine that of cover supervisor and LSA.
Main Areas of Responsibility will include:
- to provide classroom supervision to whole classes in absence of a teacher
- to create an orderly and purposeful environment in which pupils can complete work set by the classroom teacher
- to invigilate internal and external exams when required
- to accompany visits and field trips as required
- establish a supportive relationship with students
- provide in-class support in lessons so that the students can access the curriculum
- deliver small group or 1:1 intervention programmes to identified students
- provide support to ensure pupils can take part safely in all activities
We would be keen to support you as you develop and apply for a trainee role, subject to interview. We are able to offer excellent support and training and a highly regarded School Direct consortium in which to train in partnership with Hertfordshire University
Closing Date: Noon 7th May 2021
Interview Date: Monday 17th May 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all employees to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including a satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Records with Barred List check through the DBS.
The school has a duty, under the Immigration Act 2016, to ensure that its employees in customer facing roles speak fluent English (or Welsh or English in Wales) to an appropriate standard, so that a high quality service can be provided to the public. This is known as the ‘fluency duty’ and it applies to all public sector staff who regularly interact with the public in customer facing roles.