Pupils with particular aptitudes, abilities and needs are identified from Year 7 onwards.
Provision to support more able and less able pupils is organised by Subject Departments. Further support beyond the taught curriculum is co-ordinated by the Learning Support Department, which is led by our SENDCO, Mrs Sara Robinson, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delivering Special Provision Locally (DSPL)
DSPL is a Hertfordshire-wide partnership approach where parents, staff in early years settings and schools, further education colleges, local authority officers and representatives from other agencies, work together as part of an Area Group, reviewing and developing the range of provision and support services available to their local community that :
- Meets the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), aged 0-25, as close to home as possible.
- Improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment
- Widens choice for children and parents/carers
- Removes barriers to learning
- Uses resources more effectively