Welcome to the Parent’s Association. Our primary objective is to ensure we organise or support events and initiatives that will enable us to raise funds towards providing facilities that may not be covered by the funding authority, whilst also providing a social community environment for the students and parents.
Your support is invaluable to us. Whether you are interested in contributing to event planning, joining our helpers’ squad, assisting with match funding, or participating in any way you can, we welcome your involvement.
Our upcoming event is the Christmas Market, scheduled for Sunday, December 3rd, from 11 am to 3 pm at the school. Feel free to attend the event, lend a hand, help sell raffle tickets (and return the stubs!), bring friends and family, and contribute to our epic cake sale. Also, don’t forget to bring in your tombola donations – chocolates, drinks, and gifts are appreciated!
We look forward to a festive and fun-filled Sunday with your presence.
If you wish to get involved, please join us at our meetings or reach out to us via email at WGGSPA@watfordgirls.herts.sch.uk. You can find a list of our upcoming meetings and other information in the sections about what we do below. We are always eager to welcome new members and hear your ideas.
- Meeting Dates for your Diary
All PA meetings are held at the school in the meeting room in the Tower unless there are COVID-related government restrictions in place, in which case they’re held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Directions to the Meeting Room in the Tower:
From main Reception > Turn right and right and go up a half flight of stairs > Proceed across the bridge > The Meeting Room is the first room on the right
If we have to hold the meetings virtually, we will post details about how to join by the relevant dates below in time for the meeting. Everyone is welcome.
Monday 8 January (including AGM)
7.30pm meeting at school – Meeting Room
Monday 11 March
7.30pm meeting at school – Meeting Room
Monday 13 May
7.30pm meeting in school – Meeting Room
Monday 1 July
7.30pm meeting in school – Meeting Room
- 100 Club
Would you like the chance to win £25, £20 or £15 each month and at the same time support the fundraising efforts of the Parents’ Association?
The 100 Club is open to all parents and friends of the school. For just £12 a year you will be allocated your own personal number in the draw. You can have as many entries as you like (for example £24 for two numbers, £36 for three, etc).
Every month a draw is held and three people win £25, £20 or £15, depending on whether their number was drawn first, second or third.
In addition at the AGM in January we also make one additional draw for £100.
During the year the 100 Club provides funds to all school departments enabling them to purchase relevant consumables.
Sound like fun? It’s easy to join…
- Download the 100 Club standing order mandate here.
- Complete and return the mandate to the school office clearly marked “Parents’ Association – 100 Club”
- We will confirm receipt of your entry and allocate your personal number(s).
- Cross your fingers and keep an eye on your emails!
Thank you for your support.
- Get Involved
You can help support your daughters’ school by participating in any of the following:
- Come along and participate in our PA meetings – a great opportunity to get involved, build new friendships and meet representatives from the school.
- Join the PA’s 100 Club lottery – invest just £1 a month and potentially win up to £25 on a monthly basis.
- Log onto https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/watfordgsgpa/and earn money for the school every time you shop online at a wide variety of retailers and at no cost to you.
- Many companies encourage their employees to participate in their local community – including schools, so help your daughter’s education. This may include sponsoring events or ‘Matching’ a sum of money raised at an event. Check with your Human Resources Department to see if your company runs such a scheme. This could double the amount of funds the WGGS PA raises each year. We have compiled a list of companies that we believe support ‘Match funding’ check to see if your organisation is on the list and if it is please reach out, and we will help you complete the necessary forms.
- Agree to have an estate agent board outside your property for a limited time promoting our key fundraising events.
- Donate products and services to help support our fundraising activities, raising the profile of your business to the school community. All donations are acknowledged in communications.
- Join the Women of Vision Trust
- PA Events
Sunday 3rd December
The WGGS PA will be hosting the school’s annual Christmas Fair between 11.00am and 3.00pm. In addition to the raffle with some great prizes like iPads, Nintendo Switch and vouchers for Creams Café Watford, there will be several stalls as well as a great selection of food and mulled wine available to get you in the Christmas Spirt.
How you can get involved:
- SAVE THE DATE! Please come and support the school, pick up some stocking fillers / gifts and enjoy festive games
- Showcase your business and take up either a stall within the Christmas Market or an advert in our Christmas Market Digital Brochure – Share this opportunity with local businesses / friends and family that could also benefit. Stalls Deadline: 4th November | Adverts Deadline: 27th November
- Encourage your daughter to sell raffle tickets – more are available from the main reception. Prizes include A 10th Generation iPad, Nintendo Switch with Zelda Tears of The Kingdom Game and we have some Creams Vouchers by 1 December.(Pizza party for the whole class to enjoy is on offer to the Form that collectively raises the most funds for the school during the Christmas Market Event)
- Donate a box of chocolates (Years 7 & 9)or a bottle (Years 8 & 10) for our tombola by 1 December
- Participate in the Christmas Bake Competition by 2 December
- Help on the day with our tombola (chocolate/bottle), gift rooms, drink refreshments, Christmas kitchen and more – please email us if you can spare an hour (or more!) with a preference for what area you would enjoy helping us in. email@example.com
Saturday 2nd March 2024
The WGGS PA Annual Quiz held in conjunction with Beats School Uniform will take place this term, more details will be published shortly.
Saturday 13th July 2024
Incoming Year 7 parents and daughters’ welcome event 5.00pm – 7.00pm – Join us for a social evening, in which your daughter will get to meet her new form friends and go on a treasure hunt of the school hosted by the Head Girl Team. Whilst the parents get to meet other parents in their daughters form and receive a series of short presentations from the Head, the PA and current year 7 students covering subjects like travel to school, homework etc. Each forms parents will also be invited to join a secure WhatsApp group.
Further details will be published once they become available.
Autumn Term 2024
The PA will be hosting a Bingo and Pizza night – date tbc. This is a great opportunity for your daughter to have a fun social occasion with her new class friends, within the school. Small prizes are awarded for correct ‘line’ and ‘house’ calls as well as several other ‘spot’ awards. This noisy and fun event is an afternoon that all Year 7’s remember.
- PA Funded Initiatives
- An all-weather multi-use sports area
- Refurbishment of the school library
- Contribution to IT provision for the students to help facilitate distance learning
- Refurbishment of the maths building (Hyde House)
- Refurbishment of the Year 7 area (Lady’s Close)
- Lighting equipment for the Hall for school productions and music events
- Refurbishment of The Curve, next to Lady’s Close (an area used for recitals and hire)
- A school minibus
- Trampoline for PE lessons and after-school clubs
- Furniture for the Sixth Form block (Tennet Centre)
- New microphones for the Hall
- Subscribe to our mailing list
Want to be kept up to date on all the PA activities and meeting dates? Then join our mailing list here.